Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Life in Waiting

Life has been true to form lately- rushed and hectic a lot of the time, and other time completely dragging. Life- what is with you?? I don't want to drone on and on about life's woes...because overall things are really great (wonderful husband, baby, family, job)...BUT...

Since September of last year we have been on the eternal journey of trying to sell our house. And all this trying to sell, has been quite trying (I know that was a lame-o pun). At first I was very idealistic and positive....but I'm so over it now (after 6 months of instability). I want to be in a house I'm going to be in for 20 years. I want to have the time and capacity to have friends over. I want to plant veggies for summer. I want to think about having other kids. I want Sadie to be able to play in the backyard. I don't want all my kitchen gear in storage (boo!). I want to leave my house a mess sometimes!! I want clutter and knick knacks suffocating my living space. Most days I feel like it's never going to happen.

I know I need to be patient, and I know this is of our own doing, our choice (and apparently at a really bad time for the market)- but it still feels therapeutic to complain. I was talking to my students about whining today. And one student said, "Adults don't like it when kids do that."  Ha! So true, so true. But it is so necessary sometimes.

So we'll see what happens. While we may be in the same small place with a couple babies for years to come, the upside is we do love our house and current 'hood, but just wish it had a little more space, and a yard to frolic in. I just need to remember to take my own advice not to whine, and that the grass is NOT usually greener (but sometimes it is!).

xoxo, Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Hello, life's tough huh? Dont worry we are entitled to "whine" sometimes it helps us to relax...hang in there...keep the faith...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to comment on your last sentences. We were just at a marriage conference and the speakers said, "The grass may be greener on the other side of the fence, but what you don't know is: that grass has poop in it."

    ReplyDelete