Sunday, February 20, 2011

Hold The Butter Part 2

I appreciate all your comments on the first post in this series. I feel like your ideas and reassurance quelled much of my anxiety about Sadie's diet. In  general, she eats pretty healthy. She loves her fair share of carbs (don't all toddlers?), she's still not a fan of green veggies, and I'm sure she's getting juice and the occasional preservative laden cookie at daycare- but I'm a little less stressed about it now.

I brought the issue up with her doctor, and she laughed. She said not to worry, that a cookie every day from daycare is no big deal. Really? She even suggest I lighten my load and have Sadie's daycare family give food to Sadie, instead of me providing the food. Ha! I love Dr. Tenney. She always knows how to put my slight anxieties at bay. It helps that she has 3 young children of her own, I think it makes her a lot more understanding, and helps to put issues like this in perspective.

Well, even though I have a hard time getting Sadie to eat veggies, she's discovered the joy of strawberries. She also says "nana" now for banana, so that's pretty dang cute.

Now I'm off to enjoy some Oreo cookies my mom bought for me...haha, no wonder why my daughter likes cookies- it runs in the family...

XOXO, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment