Monday, January 11, 2010

Mariposa

On Friday Mark, Sadie and I went up to visit the Pike Family in Mariposa (near Yosemite). This was Sadie's first road trip, and she did rather well. However, I don't think she's a fan of driving at night. The shadows and bright lights dancing around the interior of the car seemed to scare her. She was pacified when I turned the overhead light on-- she stared intently at me for the remainder of the trip home. Pobrecita.
We took a lovely 2-hour walk along the Merced River on Saturday morning. Sadie enjoyed the walk strapped to dad in a Baby Bjorn. She got fussy when dad stopped; she loves any kind of movement (being in the car, her swing, when we jiggle her). I enjoyed chatting with Katie and Pat, holding Tyler's (3 yrs) hand as he chucked big rocks into the river, and watching Sophie (13 months) climb over the rocky terrain to reach the water's edge (she's a little dare devil!).
Mark and I look forward to bringing Sadie on more trips to Mariposa. The chickens and horses to marvel at, creeks to romp in, friends to play with--- what more could you want as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment