Friday, January 15, 2010

Big Baby!

I took Sadie to her two month check-up yesterday. While having a delicate head (the doctor's words), the rest of her is quite big. She weighed in at 12 lbs 1 oz (80th percentile) and is 24 in long (95th percentile). That's good. It means she's a hearty eater. That also means that she's grown out of her 0-3 month clothes at 2 months. My big baby!

Mark thinks I shouldn't discuss her percentiles--that it encourages our comparative and competitive culture. Does comparing baby weight and height percentiles evolve into parents comparing test scores or other capabilities? I think not. For me to hear that my daughter is in the 95 height percentile is laughable-- I'm so short! And, if I didn't hear that percentile--I'd have no clue that she's longer than most. Also, I don't feel there's any harm in sharing that with others. Sharing your child's test scores? I think that is inappropriate.

Well, here's to Sadie! That she continues to grow up to be a healthy girl!






No comments:

Post a Comment