Thursday, March 24, 2011

sadie in the land of short-lived obsessions

I can't say that life has been wonderful to me (or to our little family) lately. It was looking up until....today. We just got back a crappy inspection on the house we're trying to sell. Really? 5 years ago when we bought it, our inspector told us it was in great condition. I think those contractors are just trying to get some work in this dang blasted lousy economy. And I don't really think it's fair that the contractors do the inspections...does that seem fair to you...it feels quite biased. We were so close to being settled for 15 years, but now, who knows? So the waiting continues...

Here's some of the fun we're having as learn to have more patience and live life:
 Fashion police...arrest this girl! Well she was festive, at least, it being St. Patty's Day.
 Success with veggies!! Here are some photos catching Sadie in action with a veggie-laden mommy creation. This is brown fried rice with broccoli, corn and egg. Tonight I tried throwing some sauteed shredded carrot and onion into her quesadilla- it was a hit! For some reason she liked the sauteed veggies more than the tortilla itself. She also loved the hidden veggie pasta sauce I made- so I've made that a couple of times. I'm getting better at this.

 Mommy, I love it, see?
 This is classic Sadie- she wanted daddy's belt. So I put it on her (double wrapped, of course). She walked around the house for more than an hour with the belt on. Isn't this look kinda hipster? Here she's bringing spices to the dog bed (we are dog sitting). She loves the dog's bed, even though we tell her it's dirty and that she cannot sit on it. What to do? She loves it.
This is Sadie's latest obsession- our friend's BOB that we're borrowing. She calls it a weee weeee. Today it was raining pretty hard all day. Sadie wanted to sit in the stroller by the front window with books and toys.
She just sat there for a good hour and was so content. I love my silly little girl.

XOXO, Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. so sorry things have been such a discouraging & ongoing mess with the house. :( i drove by teh other day and saw the bob sitting at the window & smiled. :) (i'd already read this post)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the inspection, that stinks!! on the other hand, those photos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete