Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Being Myself

My brother and his awesome wife, Sarah, came over for dinner last night. We usually have family dinner night on Mondays (with gma, brothers, sister, spouses, cousins), but since gma and team prinz had other things going on- we decided that it would still be fun to have dinner with Aaron and Sarah.

My hubby always comments about my behavior when Aaron leaves. He always says something to the effect of, "You're so you when you're around Aaron" or "You were so fun tonight." And I think to an extent, he's right. I am completely myself around Aaron. I'm not sure why that is. Aaron is Aaron- non-judgmental, excited about life, a little wacky sometimes, curious, thoughtful, and so untrendy that it's almost hip. It's just nice to be around him. We may gel well together because we played together a lot as kids, went to the same college, like playing (nerdy) board games, and get really excited about things we're excited about. But maybe it has more to do with who Aaron is, than having to do with Aaron and me (hmmm....); he is a pretty neat dude.

Last night the four of us ate meatballs subs of deliciousness together (see the recipe from Smitten Kitchen here ) and chatted about schema, iphones, education, playing games, and the nieces.

Thanks for a fun Monday night you two!

[Now Aaron- I'm putting the pressure on. You have to start that blog linking all the blogs that talk about you coolness! And you can also field test your book 7 out of 10 Doctors Recommend It.]

Besides your spouse, who do you feel the most you around?

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm...meatball subs...sounds like I'm going to have to try it!
    I have a few friends I feel very at home with, the kinds of friends who have no expectations of you when you're together, and you end up chatting about everything under the sun. You and Mark make the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boardgames aren't nerdy! please, neither of you is nerdy. i love that you guys like playing games together. it is a gift to feel like yourself around someone- and even more so when both you & your spouse feel like that with another friend or another couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks rita! :)

    sooz-i know I'm not nerdy, but board games are a little nerdy!

    ReplyDelete