Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We're Moving!?!

A few weeks ago we were driving with my mom to the Oakland Zoo. It was a Sunday afternoon, so there were a lot of open houses around. We stopped at one right around the corner from my mom's....and that off-the-cuff decision started us on the path to pack up our stuff and put our house on the market-- quite unexpectedly. We didn't end up going after that house. We love love loved it-- but there were to many structural issues to make it worth it. But we decided, along with our kind realtor's gentle urging, that it was as good of a time as any to get our house ready to sell.

Three week later our living room looks like this:


And an army of these guys (gross dust mites)--

Is making me feel like this--

I'm pretty sick. I don't think it's just the dust...but it may be part of it. I'm also running myself ragged trying to pack, getting ready for my brother's wedding, taking care of a 9-month-old, and working. So, we shall see if this was the best decision to move now. We all need a little something crazy in our lives once in a while, eh? Btw- I already found my dream house. We just hope it doesn't sell within the next month!

2 comments:

  1. You're crazy! Sounds like too much going on at once to me. Real estate dude sucked you in?

    On the other hand, you sound totally excited, so gawdblessya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love our realtor, he's a good friend....I also like being sucked in~ :) I am excited, just wish I wasn't sick!

    ReplyDelete