- 7:30 am wake up call from Sadie
- Opening our presents to each other as a trio by the tree- she was in such a happy, communicative mood for about an hour (see video below)
- Mom's cinnamon rolls--SO gooey!
- Opening family presents at my mom's
- Sadie playing baby Jesus in the improvised Christmas pageant at the Christmas Eve service
- Watching an awesome video Johnny made for mom-- it was touching and well done
- Sassy and practical clutch wallet from my ever-so-thoughtful husband
- Handmade and thoughtful gifts from family
- Sadie's Christmas outfits
- Roro loving Sadie's bear rug and my bee socks. She was laughing up a storm!
- Mom reading a Bible passage to start out the morning
- Sadie's long naps, cooperative nursing, and peaceful moods--so I could enjoy family time
- Shining the silver and breaking out the wedding china for Christmas dinner--a first!
- Drinking freshly home-carbonated soda at dinner-- Thanks Scott and Lida, what a fun gadget!
- Anne, Lon, and 6-day-old baby Katherine joining us for dinner
- Mom's lemon meringue pie
- Being with the people I love most
Saturday, December 26, 2009
We had a great Christmas this year! I like lists...it makes things neat and tidy, so in no particular order, here's a list of the highlights from the day yesterday (and a few from Xmas Eve too!)--