Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Goodbye Week One

As teachers, we have five weeks off during the summer. I know I can't complain. It's absolutely wonderful to have so much time to spend with my little family. BUT it goes by so fast. And of course, summer never seems quite long enough. So today, on Tuesday of week two, it's time to say farewell to week one. It was a pleasant week.
We've been doing a lot of hanging around our casita. We are caring for baby K. K's dad watched Sadie for several weeks this spring, so now we're watching K. Mark and I love to bring baby K in to surprise Sadie after her nap. Sadie always gets a kick out of it and starts laughing. I know she's thinking, "Hey, there's another baby here- how silly!" Baby K would rather not be tormented by grabby Sadie, but it's too cute a picture op to pass up! 
Baby K is really good at taking the bottle. She doesn't spill and gulps it down quickly. Sadie never got super proficient at the bottle. She takes forever to drink it, and spills everywhere. Last week we tried giving Sadie milk in a sippy cup. She drinks wonderfully from it! Goodbye bottle, hello sippy cup.
We gave Sadie some strips of peaches to gnaw on this last week. And no surprise, she loves them! It great to watch her hand-eye coordination develop. She's adept at picking up whatever she wants, and she usually wants things far out of her reach. Again, surprise, surprise! I have a daughter who definitely knows what she wants. I wonder who she takes after...
We had a busy weekend with several social outings. Mark and I went up past Sacramento to Auburn for a wedding of Mark's colleague. Gma Ruff watched Sadie for the night (thanks mom!). We had great fun at the wedding. It was our first overnight trip away from Sadie. On Saturday night Mark watched cousin roro with Sadie, while the rest of the fam went to see the Adrianne and Travis recommit themselves. It was a great time! (BTW Adrianne is a rock star!!) Here's a photo of sooz and me from the night--- 
Sadie has become the little poser! Every time I take out the camera she gets her goony smile. Again, I wonder whose daughter she is?! Also my childhood doll (Strawberry Shortcake) has become one of Sadie's favorite toys. She loves to grab Strawberry's hair!
Hooray for upgraded Internet speed. We cancelled our land line, got a new modem, and a new monthly Internet package. WOW! It takes a 1/4 of the time to upload pictures to my blog. I couldn't be happier!

1 comment:

  1. crazy how much faster it is, right?! sadie is so cute in these pics!

    ReplyDelete