Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day Edition


With the free time afforded by summer vacation (which started this past weekend) and the occasion of my first Father's Day, I'm spending a little time in the blogosphere. Father's Day was preceded by a great visit from my own father, and mother. He and Sadie love to spend time together, and it was neat to think about how I had a great father as a role model as I figure out how to be one myself.


On Sunday I was greeted by two cards, one from my wife, and one from my daughter. Sadie dictated her sentiments to Rebecca, who apparently is better at deciphering what our daughter means when she says "da-da-da-goo. Ahhhhh!" Much of the day was spent relaxing and reading. Sadie kept trying to grab my book, "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," but I didn't think the material was very appropriate. I also received a couple presents--one of which was a basketball and a hoop. She already has enthusiastically embraced the key fundamentals of the sport, diving for the ball, dribbling, showing correct form for her jump shot, and of course dunking. I can see that we will spend many future Father's Days together hoopin' it up.








1 comment: