Friday, March 19, 2010

Goodbye Charlie!

Today I'm mourning the end of a favorite TV series...The West Wing, joining ranks with The Gilmore Girls and The Wire. This political drama has been my faithful companion throughout my maternity leave, and today I finished the final episode of the seventh season. I calculated that I spent 6622 minutes of my leave watching West Wing (an embarrassing feat). I liked the show because it fills you in on life in the white house. The more and more I watched it, especially in the last 2 seasons, I had the sinking feeling that Obama and his team got a lot of their ideas from this show. I lift my glass to you, my friends, I will miss you!

Cheers to Josh and Donna! Thank you for FINALLY hooking up--geez you were stressing me out for a while! May you live happily ever after and have 15 fictional children!
Cheers Charlie! I guess you decided to change paths and join Psych (TV show), rather than going to law school. Best of luck!
Oh Sam, why did you leave us so early? You were the highlight of the show! Thanks for coming back in the end. Cheers to you as you navigate the white house as Josh's underling.
Mr President, we'll miss you-- Cheers!
We raise a glass to you CJ! May you have many beautiful children with Danny.
Leo, Toby. I tried liking your characters. But Leo-- you always had a creepy smile. And Toby-- you need to be nicer!

Thanks Anne for getting me hooked and letting me borrow all your DVDs. What's next? I like the new show Parenthood. Thomas Schlamme the Executive Producer/Director of Parenthood worked on the West Wing, and Lauren Graham of The Gilmore Girls is in Parenthood. Oh, and did I mention, my favorite part of Parenthood? It's set in Berkeley/Oakland. One of the families went to Fairyland in the 1st episode. I'm quite impressed that I watch all this TV without even having any TV channels...the beauty of Dvds and Hulu! Happy Viewing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment