Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Big Girl!

Sadie went to her 4-month appointment today. The most surprising news was that she has a tooth breaking through! The doctor said the little bugger should rear its head in the next day or two- wow!!! So early! She has been drooling a lot lately and has taken to chewing (not just sucking) on her hand, two indications that she's teething. Mark and I felt her gums tonight and it's jagged at a point on her bottom gum...that's where the tooth will be! This is very exciting. My little girl is getting old so fast!

Here's a summary of her growth percentiles:
Weight: 15lb 9.4 oz. (82%)--- she was born at 35%
Height: 25" (69%)---born at 82%
Head Size: 16.73 in (83%)---born at 48%

I just want to give a shout-out to breastfeeding! Sadie has had my milk exclusively (except for a little formula during her 24hr stay in the NICU), and she is so healthy! I love that she started out smaller than average, and breastmilk has fattened her up! I also love that it's all she needs to eat for the first 6-months of her life...how crazy cool is that?



zoning out...time for a nap!
It's finally bedtime after a long day with plenty of vaccination tears. She's sporting her big girl teething ring.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you nursing Mama!! Go Behkkie! Sadie's cheeks are loving that milk. =)

    ReplyDelete