Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Slew of Firsts

Here's a first captured on video! Sadie grabbed and clutched a toy on the playmat for the first time. Very fun!


Dad would also want me to mention that she went to her first basketball game last night-- a Wilson Prep girls' game.

On a sad note, on the way to the basketball game, she got in her first minor car accident. We got bumped from behind at a slow-down on the freeway. But, luckily, she didn't wake up-- so we think she's okay. We couldn't spot any damage to the car. I just got a big scratch on my leg because I made a sudden movement.

And, she slept for 9.5 hours straight for the first time last night. She went from 8pm-6:30am without a feeding (10.5 hours)...impressive little miss!!! She's now back down for more morning sleep, usually getting up 3 hours after the 6ish feeding. She tends to get 12-15 hours of night sleep, with a feeding or two in between. I have a little sleeping machine. Grandma Ruff calls her Sleeping Sadie. I was told by a doctor that babies sleep through the night at 15 pounds (their tummies get big enough to hold the food they need for the night). We haven't weighed her in a month, so she may be getting close to 15 lbs - she sure feels heavy. I do appreciate her sleep habits; I know I'm lucky. And, I know she's probably going to have a sibling that doesn't sleep at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment