Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Burka Baby...

Burka Baby-- I was wondering why Sadie had been sleeping so long this afternoon (she had a 3 hour nap)...only to discover that she was super cozy with the swaddle over her face. I don't know if you can tell in this shot, but she was also sucking on her fist. This is a new trend for Sadie in the past couple weeks-- having any blanket or cloth in her mouth or covering her face. The suffocation factor worries me. But don't worry-- I checked that she was breathing before I took this, and uncovered her face after. It was just too funny not to document it.
Hello world! I just got up from my nap and I'm ready to play!



Here's a video of Sadie sucking on her new giraffe blanket. She loves to suck on this as she's going to sleep in her carseat:



Talking with Mom, sucking a cloth...and being cute:

4 comments:

  1. i would like to publicly take credit for coining the burka part of burka baby. hehe

    last video- so rebecca circa early 1979. yr daughter is a mini me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie was the same way and still loves blanket covering her face. I am so glad to see you are getting use out of Sophie's hand-me-downs....they look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first photo is both hilarious and adorable!!! She looks like a little burrito!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joey used to LOVE to sleep with a blanket over his head when he was little. It made me SO nervous, but I figured once he was old enough to roll over and push his head up and all that, he would be fine. I found a really "holey" blanket that someone had knitted and let him sleep with that one (after I wrapped it around my head like 4 times, just to be sure!).

    She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete