Friday, April 15, 2011

I Better Watch What I Say

It's dinnertime and Sadie just walked into the kitchen saying Rice, Rice Rice...she wanted a rice cake. I love my little linguistic queen. It feels like she's learning a word or two a day.

Here are some of her recently learned, and oft-repeated, words:
frog (fro)
bike (bi)
uh oh
cheese
strawberry
outside (side)
light (dight)
apple
door
please (pease)
thank you (da do)
gracias (I didn't hear this- her daycare people told me she started saying this week)
bus
book (boo)
agua
milk (mil)
sorry
owl
animal (she spat this out at the zoo! crazy!)
bye bye (fill in the blank)
roro
ruby
bath
dog
baby

It's fun to watch her language go and grow!! And it's exciting to hear her create phrases with the words she knows. It's also interesting to hear the sounds she leaves out- it's usually the ending sounds/tricky sounds/the sounds that aren't stressed.

I'm so proud of my little baby!! She's such a little learner!

The sad thing is that she's starting to feel less and less like my little baby, and more and more like a big girl. Time does fly!

XOXO, Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment