Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Go Dadda Go!

Mark ran in Oakland's 1/2 marathon in March. We were so excited to cheer him on! His friend ran with him, while I hung out with his friend's wife (also my friend) and their son (sadie's buddy). A good day was had by all!!

At the starting line! The energy was high...

Rolling into mile 12! Is that a bird, is that a plane?? Oh my it's dadda! He's going so fast I almost missed him!
All smiles:

Sadie is really obsessed with with GIANT inflatable Geico lizard behind mom (the photographer).

Dad enjoys his post run beer (his running bib included tear-off bear tickets, is that normal?). Sadie is still obsessed with the giant Geico lizard (there was a costumed dancing lizard in addition to the inflatable one).
 I think Sadie will be ready for the Kids' fun run soon!
 We were so proud of dad! What a dedicated runner he is!!

XOXO, Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mark!! That is awesome. You next??

    ReplyDelete
  2. um no...I'm no runner. I tried to impress Mark at one point, but I had a reality check. I'm really good at cheering people on. Let me know when you race- I'll be your cheering section!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amen to the non-running part. i aspire to, but 2 babies later it is not in the cards for me. (maybe that is tmi)

    ReplyDelete