Sunday, November 28, 2010

1-2-3 I loved you vacation! See you again soon!

My vacation was restorative! Who hoo! Let me count the ways-

1. I love people and being with friends, it rejuvenates me. There was lots of social time over break. It made me happy. To name a few...
  • Indian food at Mike and Shea's
  • Christmas stocking making with Anne
  • Hang out with Aaron and Sarah
  • Thankgiving with family and good friend Seth
  • Apple picking with my family
  • Thanksgiving leftover meal with OCC friends
2. Another reason why this was such an lovely break, is that I got a lot of time to create. I made an Advent calendar for my sister's family out of paper. I spent all last Tuesday cutting and pasting tiny figures to complete a wintry scene. It was bliss! If you'd like, I can make one for you too (if you ask nicely)! I also spent yesterday making felt Christmas stockings for our family with my good friend Anne. Again, I got a surge of joy in the creative process. We're not quite done yet, but I got the gist of it, and we should be able to finish up soon. Sadie and Mark's stocking are super cute! Tis the season to create!

3. Our family time was so relaxing over break. Sadie was especially silly and happy over this week. It was nice to play with her. She often breaks out in giggles at the slightest oddity (e.g. dad playing with her toy, dad chasing her, or dad doing something else silly). Having a baby has to be one of the best things in life.

Now it's time to gear up for work tomorrow. I'm going to put on my positive face!

xoxo- Rebecca

ps. pictures to follow, once my new charger comes in the mail!

2 comments:

  1. the nyquists want an advent calendar! only if it also has swedish knomes or whatever those things are called! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see a picture of the advent calendar! I was thinking about making one (next year, I guess).
    love,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete